Thursday 19 January 2012

It's Going To Be A Long Journey, Lets Set Up "Basecamp"

I am part of the beloved integrated marketing communications (IMC) program at St. Lawrence College in Kingston, Ontario. This final semester we have changed our classroom into a real, running agency. I have been part of a marketing team before and have learned some of the in and outs of being a part of a team. Something new that has been implement for the agency that I haven't had the chance to use in the past is Basecamp. 


For those who do not know what it is, it is a online project collaboration tool and it is a hell of a good one too. These past few weeks were my first introduction to the program and It has instantly become a staple in my work. I find a team can go from great to flat line if the communication falls short. This program eliminates many of those problems right away. The project that our team is working on is right there with milestones, completion dates and tasks. You can also log hours, create a whiteboard and become accountable for any task put into the project. Motivation can be hard sometimes for any group, but Basecamp will give you that boost you have been looking for. I am hoping in the future where every I work has a similar program built in or even better, they will already have a Basecamp account set up and ready to go. 

Feel free to check Basecamp out to really get a sense of the program. Here is a link to their website: Basecamp

1 comment:

  1. You should tweet this post to the folks at BaseCamp. They'd probably love to hear that you're finding it useful. And I bet you will be using it on the job very soon!

    ReplyDelete